Pages

Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Remembering Mr Lee Kuan Yew [Beverly]

1. How was Mr Lee as a person?

Mr Lee is very influential, and cared for Singapore more than anyone else. He helped Singapore gain the name "Garden City" and also transformed Singapore from a third world country to a first world country.


2. What are some of his values, beliefs and convictions that guided his actions and had
an impact on his decisions?

"I would say that I'm very determined when I set out to do something... If I decide something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul into it."


3. What are his key contributions to Singapore?
- Helped Singapore with the Merger and Separation with Malaysia
- Helped Singapore survive independently
  • Established a clean government
  • National Service so that we can defend ourselves
  • HDB for the people
  • Set a good example for Singaporeans to learn from [Clean and Green (He helped clear the Singapore River, and also never fail to plant a tree each year)]
  • Helped to make education available to everyone, and not only the rich
- Transformed Singapore into a first world country

No comments:

Post a Comment